Tuesday, September 26, 2017

16-11-16

I just don't know how to tell you how many times I've gotten the happy heart about Vivian.

Beverly and I went to a march downtown to support Standing Rock. The march iteself --- well, I should have paid more attention to its headline --- Standing Rock was the draw, but there was at least an hour's worth of recruitment for three different organizations. We did, finally, when we walked, at least spend some time saying, "We stand with Standing Rock," Saying that almost brought tears to my eyes. Saying that --- that was my point. 

I talked to Daddy and Kathi. Daddy is doing better and so is she. Daddy said he'd had a nice conversation with Andrew the night before. 

Beverly said in a kind of quiet voice that it was very cool that I wanted to go to the march. I told her that I wanted to, that it seemed disingenuous to send money and send prayers but then shy away from what I could actively do here in my own hometown.

Beth posted that she was excited about taking public transportation to her first day of work.

Tyler said that John told Noah, "There isn't going to be any Christmas, or any presents or any tree," and Kim said, "Oh, I'm getting my tree!" 


Shawn came by yesterday to get his ID and so Tyler got to see him for a little bit. Tyler told me later that he'd tried to keep his face straight but he just couldn't stop his smile. 

Annette sent me a message about Brittany, and Brittany putting up a tree in her apartment, and the Christmas ornaments, and kids growing up. It was a sweet conversation. 

Beverly really prefers quiet prayer walks to marching rallies. Maybe she and I will do some of those, even if it is just the two of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment